Here are the top tips and tricks of a hairdresser to help you achieve salon results at home.

Sometimes, a good hair day can bring a smile to our faces. If you have ever wondered how to make your locks look fresh out of the salon, you should listen…

To get professional-looking hair at home, we spoke with Gareth Williams, Creative Ambassador of Headmasters Salons and Phil Smith, Smith England.

Are you unsure where to begin with your mane? We found this…

Lather, Rinse, Repeat…

Adjust the water temperature. It can cause greasy hair if the water temperature is too high or low.

Do you wash your hair too often? Shampoo your hair twice: First, use a clarifying shampoo to remove any product or dirt buildup. Then, apply a targeted shampoo to your hair.

You don’t have to use the same shampoo for everyone in your family!

Is your hair getting used to shampoo?

It would be best to consider your hair’s needs when choosing a shampoo. It is just like a prescription. It would be best if you targeted the most pressing need of your hair at the moment.

Your shampoo may not be delivering the same results after a while. This could indicate that your shampoo has “served” your hair’s needs. It might be time to review your product selection. Keep in mind that hair needs change constantly.

Protect your hair and prepare it

It is more fragile and less resistant to heat when hair is wet. Hair can also be damaged easily. Dry hair can withstand temperatures up to 185°C, while wet locks can only withstand 40-60°C.

Increase the volume

Straight hair may need volume. You can blow your hair in the opposite direction to where you want it to be. This will make your hair appear thicker and fuller when brought back. The air flow should be directed towards your nape and pointed downwards with your dryer. This is also the direction of the hair cuticle. The heat will dry your hair faster and help you get it to dry quicker.

You can control the airflow of your hairdryer by using the thinnest nozzle.

If you have curly hair, use a serum oil or a cream and choose moderate heat and speed using a diffuser to reduce the damage.

Remember, your hair washing may be why your curls aren’t lasting as long as you thought. You may need to wash your hair more often.

Tips for choosing the perfect curling tool

The barrel size of your curling iron is important. Long hair will require a larger barrel. However, a smaller barrel can produce tighter curls that last throughout the day.

If your curls become too tight while curling, pull it down by the tip for seconds and release.

How to blow dry curly hair

Phil Smith stated, “If you want to dry your hair and maintain its natural texture, you can use a diffuser with low heat.”

Let your curls dry on the surface. Once it is 90% dry, you can add a control cream to define your curls. Let the remaining 10% dry naturally, then spray with hairspray.

Tension is a great technique to achieve a straighter hairstyle. He said that you could section your hair and then gently curl it.

Phil loves to use a glossing spray to enhance dimension and light-reflecting.

Select the right brush

Ceramic brushes are designed with holes so that air flows through them to create volume.

Soft bristle brushes can add shine and reduce frizz (a Manta brush will reduce static); for extra power, you might consider a Pastiche or Pastiche brush for backcombing.

The softer your hairband is, the better. Hair that is too tight can cause hair damage.

Keep your appliances clean.

Regularly clean the vents of your hairdryer to extend their life expectancy. It can block airflow and cause excessive heat if it is too dusty.

You can use nail varnish remover to clean product buildup on your straighteners or tongs. But make sure to turn off the appliance first.

Grab your towel

Your hair is a material. It’s silky, soft and smooth. Think about the towel you use. To avoid hair damage, avoid using a towel with a hard texture.

Don’t forget to squeeze out any excess water before towel drying your hair. Never rub your hair against a towel, no matter how tempting. This will damage your hair and cause extra tangling.