The hashtags act as a filing system. If you use a hashtag to describe a post, it will be placed on the same page as every other post with that Hashtag. You make it easier for your readers to find your content by using relevant and popular hashtags.
You can reap many benefits by using the best Instagram hashtags. These are just a few:
- Get More Followers: People who are passionate about a topic or niche are always searching for related content. You can make your content more visible to users who are already interested in what you have to offer by using popular hashtags.
- Get More Likes: Instagram uses an algorithm to rank posts. Instagram uses a variety of factors to rank posts. These include post frequency, captions and likes.
- Follow HashtagsInsta recently released a feature that allows users to follow certain hashtags. It works in the same way that you follow a user. Posts with that Hashtag will start showing up on your feed.
- Use hashtags in your Instagram Bio: Another semi-recent update Instagram released was the ability to include hashtags in an Instagram bio. After working for a while on your hashtags, you will begin to notice a trend in your favorite hashtags. You can promote them in your bio!
- Increase sales lead: By using niche-specific hashtags to promote your products, your product will be more visible to a targeted audience that is more likely to buy.
- Tracking Hashtag Failure: Instagram accounts have post insights that will allow you to track the success of each Hashtag. Although it isn’t a perfect science, you can see how many people have seen or viewed each post. After identifying the most popular posts, you can look for trends in the hashtags used.
If your niche isn’t listed above, don’t abandon ship! Although the above industries are great for Instagram marketing, it doesn’t mean that they won’t work in your niche. This is just a reminder that you may have to put in a bit more work, but there will likely be fewer brands to compete against.
We’ll discuss two strategies to help you find top hashtags relevant to your business in the next section.
There are many ways to find the most powerful hashtags. We will only cover the ones we believe are the easiest.
We have one corner that offers the DIY (do-it-yourself) method. This comes with extensive industry knowledge and research. You’ll also find many hashtag generator tools with data and only a small fee.
You can break down the DIY method of finding hashtags into three steps:
- Instagram Influencers
It is important to understand how your audience interacts with one another. While you might think you have the right Hashtag, an industry leader will not have the same perspective.
We like to give an extreme example: The best astronautical engineer in all of the world must still realize that most people will search for “rocket scientist.”
Your audience should be able to find you by the way they interact with you and not your words.
When you research your competitors, you can see what worked and what didn’t. While you don’t want your competitor to be your model, it is possible to understand better what your posts should look like and which hashtags are most effective in generating engagement.
You can find the Instagram Influencers in your industry and gain access to the best sources for internet trends. Their job is to keep up with the latest trends in their field and their audience.
Many hashtag tools can assist you if you don’t have time or patience for the research. We recommend these:
- Tech is our favorite hashtag tool. Provides competitor research, hashtag collection, and hashtag tracking. Depending on the plan level, prices range from $12 to $48 per month.
- TagBlender This free tool lets you mix and match hashtags from multiple fields, such as art and nature, people and urban. Although it’s not the most comprehensive tool, it’s one of the best free hashtag tools.
- HashtagsForLikes is another free tool. However, this account allows you to buy a premium account to have access to trending hashtags and an analytics dashboard.
- All Hashtag All Hashtag All Hashtag includes a hashtag creator, hashtag creator, hashtag analytics and the top hashtags. All Hashtag is one of the most popular hashtag generators.
Additional Tips to Grow Your Business on Instagram
- Focus on creating stunning visuals. Instagram is all about sharing beautiful images. Great content leads to more engagement. You can find a creative person at work and dedicate some time to quality photography.
- Engage your audience on an ongoing basis. Take the time to read and comment on their posts. Recognize your customers’ opinions and participation, not just how much they spend.
- Know when to post. Many websites and apps provide analytics about when your audience is most active on social media. The best times to engage for business-to-business businesses are Wednesdays and Thursdays when there is no work (lunch or evening). For business-to-consumer companies, weekends are the best.